Friday, February 17, 2012

Conestoga Wagon Kit Customer Feedback

I thought I would share a "feel good" email we received the other day from Richard Morse. We love hearing  from our customers - the good, the bad, and even the ugly...how else can we improve?!?!
Thank you Richard for the write up and the improvement suggestion - we're going to try and get pictures up next week!

If YOU haven't picked up your Model Trailways Conestoga Wagon yet, my question to you is, what are you waiting for?

Richard's email:

Gentlemen,
I received my Conestoga kit yesterday. I opened the box and was floored by the quality of this kit! Absolutely superb materials, instructions, and drawings. Additionally I was very much impressed with the quantity of materials - from the many boards of laser cut parts to the photo etch parts to the small metal parts it is all 1st rate. And to my surprise there are drill bits included!

But this is not necessarily why I am writing. From the picture of the finished model on the website and in the catalogues it looks very much like a simple kit with not that much to it. Before now I could not understand why the retail price was so high compared to what I was seeing in the pictures. But once I opened the box it became very clear that anyone who would buy this kit would be getting their monies worth. I think you are doing yourselves an injustice by not showing all of the parts and pieces that are included in this kit when it is shown in your catalogue and on the website. Maybe at least show the subassemblies before they are tucked away and hidden under the wagon box. I believe this would go a long way in increasing your sales of this fine model (which provides funds to create more new kits which I in turn purchase). I will at least be telling my friends about it and will probably do a little blurb on the ship modeling forums as well. Maybe I can fit it in as a prairie schooner or something.

Thank you for your service and fine merchandise at an affordable price.

Sincerely, Richard Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment